Nerve Plant Fittonia White Leather Leaf Houseplant Foliage
White fittonia, also known as Fittonia albivenis, is a small tropical plant that is native to Peru. It is a member of the Acanthaceae family and is known for its beautiful, variegated leaves.
The leaves of the white fittonia are typically small, with a bright green background and white veins that give the plant its distinctive appearance. This plant is often grown as a houseplant and is prized for its striking foliage.
White fittonia requires bright, indirect light and moderate humidity to thrive. It prefers well-draining soil and should be watered regularly, but not overwatered. This plant is sensitive to cold temperatures, so it should be kept in a warm, sheltered location.
Fittonia albivenis, aka Nerve Plant, is a slightly finicky and temperamental plant but will reward your work with beautiful foliage displays. She makes for a beautiful houseplant that can do well in terrariums, planter pots, or hanging baskets. Works great in low-light settings. We call her the "drama queen" of the plant world because she is known for fainting and the smallest environmental instability but quickly pops back when given water, light, or the right temperature.
Available in the following packaging based on your preference:
- Nursery Pot 2" - Standard plastic 2-inch or 4-inch planter pot that can be placed inside a larger pot or left as is until it outgrows it.
- Clive Planter - This plant comes packaged in a white square porcelain planter pot ready for your home or office space with a bamboo tray to catch drips when watered.
- Wanda - Elegant Hexagonal patterned white ceramic planter pot (approximately 4") has a hole for drainage and comes with a matching bamboo drip tray.
Looking for more plant goodies? Check out our accessories.
For added humidity, our Lyfe Rose Gold Signature Mister will make a perfect addition to your plant shelf for both function and beauty. We also recommend adding our Plant Shield & Shine to your order for routine maintenance and pest prevention.
Our plants are shipped from our indoor greenhouse in South Florida. Please note all our plants are one of a kind and if you want to message us we can send you a picture of the exact one you will receive. The product image here is intended to be the best representation of what you can expect to receive but yours may have slightly less or more growth depending on the crop we have when your order is placed. Any lifestyle pictures are meant to demonstrate how a fully grown or more mature plant looks for you to get a sense of it in your space.
- Botanical Name
- Fittonia albivenis
- Common Names
- Nerve plant, mosaic plant, fittonia, painted net leaf
- Plant Type
- Evergreen herbaceous perennial
- Mature Size
- 3 to 6 inches tall; 12 - to 18 - inch spread
- Sun Exposure
- Filtered indirect sun or part shade
- Soil Type
- Moist, well - draining soil
- Soil pH
- Prefers slightly acidic soil(6.5); will tolerate alkaline soils
- Bloom Time
- Sporadically; usually July to August
- Flower Color
- Yellowish - white or reddish; flowers are insignificant
- Hardiness Zones
- Zone 11; grown as a houseplant in all climates
- Native Area
- Tropical rainforests of South America, principally Peru
All our plants ship exclusively with UPS to ensure they arrive timely and in good condition. We ship most of our plants Mondays & Tuesdays to most of the USA to ensure they arrive speedy to your location. If you order on a Tuesday after 12 PM ET it is possible that we would not ship it till the following Monday.
We monitior the weather in each destination location to maximize the shipping time and utilize thermal protection to ensure that the plant is protected. You can add a heatpack or thermal bag to your order if temperatures at night fall below 40 degrees.
You can visit our shipping policy to learn more.
This little cutie arrived in perfect condition (all the way to Iowa) and makes me happy every time I walk by it! Will definitely be ordering from here again!
My order came late and this is one that arrived just as I imagined and I can't wait to see it get bigger
I received this in the Clive pot. It is small and so cute! Perfect for the spot that I was filling and arrived in great condition!
I got this plant in 2 inch nursery pot. It’s tiny but so pretty and packs a punch with its vibrant leaves. The plant is in great shape. Highly recommend it!