Peperomia caperata 'Frost' Radiator Plant
Light green and silver-ish striped leaves on this radiator plant make it look like it is dusted in a light frost. It is very easy to propagate and you can have lots of new plants in no time. It is a relatively easy plant to care for and it doesn’t have many care requirements and can even survive with a little bit of neglect. This plant does not need to be watered too often and it is recommended to wait for your plant to dry out between waterings and then water it thoroughly.
Available in the following packaging based on your preference:
- Nursery Pot - Standard plastic 2" or 4" planter pot that can be placed inside a larger pot or left as is until it outgrows it.
- Wanda Planter - This plant comes packaged in a white hexagon porcelain planter pot almost 4" ready for your home or office space with a round bamboo tray to catch drips when watered.
- Diana Planter - Round Porcelina pot approximately 4" with bamboo tray
If your plant needs added humidity our Plant Mister would make a perfect addition to your plant shelf for both function and beauty.
Looking for more plant goodies? Check out our accessories Here.
Our plants are shipped from our indoor greenhouse in South Florida. Please note all our plants are one of a kind and if you want to message us we can send you a picture of the exact one you will receive. The product image here is intended to be the best representation of what you can expect to receive but yours may have slightly less or more growth depending on the crop we have when your order is placed. Any lifestyle pictures are meant to demonstrate how a fully grown or more mature plant looks for you to get a sense of it in your space.
- Botanical Name
- Peperomia spp. peperomia caperata 'frost'
- Common Names
- Peperomia, radiator plant, peperomia frost, silver frost peperomia, silver peperomia
- Plant Type
- Herbaceous perennial
- Mature Size
- Generally less than 14 inches tall and wide
- Sun Exposure
- Partly shady
- Soil Type
- Loamy, keeps moisture but well draining.
- Soil pH
- 6 to 6.6 (neutral)
- Bloom Time
- Year round
- Flower Color
- Yellowish to brown; flowers are insignificant
- Hardiness Zones
- 10 to 12; grown as an indoor houseplant in all climates
- Native Area
- Tropical rainforests of South and Central America
- Toxicity/Pet Safety
- Non-toxic and pet safe
All our plants ship exclusively with UPS to ensure they arrive timely and in good condition. We ship most of our plants Mondays & Tuesdays to most of the USA to ensure they arrive speedy to your location. If you order on a Tuesday after 12 PM ET it is possible that we would not ship it till the following Monday.
We monitior the weather in each destination location to maximize the shipping time and utilize thermal protection to ensure that the plant is protected. You can add a heatpack or thermal bag to your order if temperatures at night fall below 40 degrees.
You can visit our shipping policy to learn more.