Pilea Glauca Aquamarine Dark Silver Baby Tears Plant
Darker in color than our normal Baby Tears plants, this Pilea Glauca Aquamarine Dark Silver Baby Tears plant has a deep emerald hue. It is easy to grow so ideal if you are new to looking after plants. The low-growing plant is also fast to spread so perfect for ground cover outside or trailing over the sides of a shelf or hanging basket inside.
This tropical perennial originates from the rain forests of South and Central America and has an abundance of tiny leaves. It loves humidity so use our Plant Mister to create a moist environment for it. It thrives best in moist soil, which you need to ensure doesn’t dry out, and the soil should have a neutral to mildly acidic pH.
Your silvery-green Baby Tears plant will grow no more than 6 inches in height but will spread between 9 and 12 inches wide. When growing it alongside other small plants, you may prefer to prune it to keep it from overrunning them.
This exotic plant is perfect for live décor. Watching it grow and seeing the beauty it adds to your work or living space is therapeutic and a good way to reduce stress.
Available in the following packaging based on your preference:
- Nursery Pot - Standard plastic 2-inch, 4-inch, or 6" hanging basket planter pot that can be placed inside a larger pot or left as is until it outgrows it.
- Amelia Hanging - This plant comes packaged in a white hanging oval porcelain planter pot ready for your home or office space with an S hook to attach to any surface. It does have a drainage hole and can stand on its bottom if preferred.
- Wanda Planter - White Hexagonal Porcelain planter with a bamboo tray.
If your plant needs added humidity our Plant Mister would make a perfect addition to your plant shelf for both function and beauty.
Looking for more plant goodies? Check out our accessories Here.
Our plants are shipped from our indoor greenhouse in South Florida. Please note all our plants are one of a kind and if you want to message us we can send you a picture of the exact one you will receive. The product image here is intended to be the best representation of what you can expect to receive but yours may have slightly less or more growth depending on the crop we have when your order is placed. Any lifestyle pictures are meant to demonstrate how a fully grown or more mature plant looks for you to get a sense of it in your space.
- Botanical Name
- Pilea Glauca 'Aquamarine'
- Common Names
- Baby tears, silver sprinkles plant,Baby's Tears, Angel's Tears,
- Plant Type
- Low growing tropical, Groundcovers, Perennials
- Mature Size
- Under 6 inches, but spreads 9-12 inches
- Sun Exposure
- Indoor with Medium Light, too much sunlight can burn the leaves
- Soil Type
- Requires constant moisture, don't allow to dry
- Soil pH
- Neutral to mildly acidic
- Bloom Time
- Mid Spring
- Flower Color
- White; flowers are insignificant
- Hardiness Zones
- Zone 8b-11; grown as a houseplant in all climates
- Native Area
- Rainforests of South and Central America
- Toxicity / Pet Friendly
- These plants have no known toxicity to humans or animals.
All our plants ship exclusively with UPS to ensure they arrive timely and in good condition. We ship most of our plants Mondays & Tuesdays to most of the USA to ensure they arrive speedy to your location. If you order on a Tuesday after 12 PM ET it is possible that we would not ship it till the following Monday.
We monitior the weather in each destination location to maximize the shipping time and utilize thermal protection to ensure that the plant is protected. You can add a heatpack or thermal bag to your order if temperatures at night fall below 40 degrees.
You can visit our shipping policy to learn more.
Plant arrived in perfect condition, love it...I will be ordering from your shop forever!!!