Kalanchoe luciae Flapjacks Paddle Plant Succulent
Kalanchoe are an interesting species of succulent plants and the Flapjack Kalanchoe as we call it has definitely stolen our hearts. The unique leaves that grow flat and round with bright light edge tinting definitely make them a favorite in the greenhouse. The plant grows as an evergreen rosette with the thick fleshy leaves that can get 8 inches long or more. Let them dry between waterings.
Available in the following packaging based on your preference:
- Nursery Pot - Standard plastic 3-inch planter pot that can be placed inside a larger pot or left as is until it outgrows it.
- Marie Terracotta Planter - Minimalistic oval-shaped 4.5" Terracotta planter with matching saucer for drainage.
Looking for more plant goodies? Check out our accessories.
For added humidity, our Lyfe Rose Gold Signature Mister will make a perfect addition to your plant shelf for both function and beauty. We also recommend adding our Plant Shield & Shine to your order for routine maintenance and pest prevention.
Our plants are shipped from our indoor greenhouse in South Florida. Please note all our plants are one of a kind and if you want to message us we can send you a picture of the exact one you will receive. The product image here is intended to be the best representation of what you can expect to receive but yours may have slightly less or more growth depending on the crop we have when your order is placed. Any lifestyle pictures are meant to demonstrate how a fully grown or more mature plant looks for you to get a sense of it in your space.
- Botanical Name
- Kalanchoe luciae
- Common Names
- Paddle Plant, Kalanchoe Flapjack, Flapjacks Plant, Paddle Plant, Red Pancakes, Desert Cabbage
- Plant Type
- Succulent, shrubby bushy
- Mature Size
- 3 ft long; Can spread 2 to 3 foot
- Sun Exposure
- Full Sun
- Soil Type
- Fast draining mixes, however not a drought resistant plant, needs regular watering
- Soil pH
- Bloom Time
- Seasonal bloomer once mature enough.
- Flower Color
- Pale yellow tubular flowers
- Hardiness Zones
- Zone 9-12 outdoors; may grow indoors in containers with enough light
- Native Area
- South Africa
All our plants ship exclusively with UPS to ensure they arrive timely and in good condition. We ship most of our plants Mondays & Tuesdays to most of the USA to ensure they arrive speedy to your location. If you order on a Tuesday after 12 PM ET it is possible that we would not ship it till the following Monday.
We monitior the weather in each destination location to maximize the shipping time and utilize thermal protection to ensure that the plant is protected. You can add a heatpack or thermal bag to your order if temperatures at night fall below 40 degrees.
You can visit our shipping policy to learn more.
My plant arrived safely in great condition. It continues to thrive.