String of Pearls Variegated Trailing Plant Senecio rowleyanus variegata
Jackie Kennedy famously said "Pearls are always appropriate." We agree! Our Variegated String of Pearls are super healthy green orbs of trailing awesomeness. They reward careful attention and trail beautifully in any hanging planter. We are obsessed with the variegated marble look of these.
The string of pearls plants is a succulent plant, which means they are more tolerant of DRY soil than wet soil. Over-watering this plant is very common, and each of its watering sessions should be spaced out. The topsoil should dry out before it is watered again. When the weather becomes warmer, you may want to spray the leaves with some water as well. * Important, best is to bottom water, leave /soak it in water for 45 minutes then remove. Never top water. Let it dry completely between next watering.
Available in the following packaging based on your preference:
- Nursery Pot - Standard plastic 2-inch planter pot that can be placed inside a larger pot or left as is until it outgrows it.
- Olympia Pot - The plant will arrive in this 4" round raised grey/ white marble painted and sealed porcelain raised on a white metal stand. It includes 3 of our 2" Variegated String of Pearls.
- Amelia Hanging Porcelain Planter - Modern Round Shaped Porcelain planter, roughly a 4-inch round pot with a drainage hole. Comes with an S hook for easy hanging. It includes 3 of our 2" Variegated String of Pearls.
If your plant needs added humidity, our Plant Mister would make a perfect addition to your plant shelf for both function and beauty.
Looking for more plant goodies? Check out our accessories.
Our plants are shipped from our indoor greenhouse in South Florida. Please note all our plants are one of a kind and if you want to message us we can send you a picture of the exact one you will receive. The product image here is intended to be the best representation of what you can expect to receive but yours may have slightly less or more growth depending on the crop we have when your order is placed. Any lifestyle pictures are meant to demonstrate how a fully grown or more mature plant looks for you to get a sense of it in your space.
- Botanical Name
- Vari Curio rowleyanus and used to be known as senecio rowleyanus variegated
- Common Names
- Variegated String of pearls, Variegated string of beads, string of peas, necklace plant, Chain of marble beads
- Plant Type
- Succulent, viney and evergreen
- Mature Size
- Doesn't get tall but rather trails and each trail can get 2 feet long
- Sun Exposure
- Full to Partial Sun
- Soil Type
- Well draining, succulent soil, fertile
- Soil pH
- Neutral to slightly acidic
- Bloom Time
- Flower Color
- Hardiness Zones
- 9-12; may grow indoors in containers with enough light
- Native Area
- Eastern Africa
- Pet Friendly/Toxicity
- Toxic to dogs, humans and cats. Can cause gastrointestinal problems.
All our plants ship exclusively with UPS to ensure they arrive timely and in good condition. We ship most of our plants Mondays & Tuesdays to most of the USA to ensure they arrive speedy to your location. If you order on a Tuesday after 12 PM ET it is possible that we would not ship it till the following Monday.
We monitior the weather in each destination location to maximize the shipping time and utilize thermal protection to ensure that the plant is protected. You can add a heatpack or thermal bag to your order if temperatures at night fall below 40 degrees.
You can visit our shipping policy to learn more.
This plant died after 5 days
No recognizable plant in the pot. Nothing living.
Amazing! I love these pearls and want more! They shipped well packed and they looked very Healthy. Thank you for the care in packing my order and the shipping box.
I just received it yesterday. There was no folate, just soil. Very disappointed.
String of Pearls Variegated Trailing Plant