Rhaphidophora decursiva Dragon Tail Plant
The Rhaphidophora Decursiva is colloquially called the "Dragon Tail" plant (sometimes mistaken for a Philodendron or Monstera) it is a stunning leaf that gives beautiful cuts in the leaves, mimicking a dragon tail pattern. This plant is great if you want one that trails as it is easy to take care of and loves reaching out of it's pot. This is the sister plant to the Rhaphidophora Tetrasperma or "Mini Monstera" these plants are favored for their easy care requirements, lack of pests, and gorgeous leaves.
Available in the following packaging based on your preference:
- Nursery Pot - Standard plastic 4-inch or 6-inch planter pot that can be placed inside a larger pot or left as is until it outgrows it.
- Selene Planter - Porcelain 6-inch pot ceramic marble planter with drainage hole and matching rose gold ceramic tray. The planter measures: 7.5" x 6.5" x 6.5" and weighs approximately 3.7 lbs. We recommend placing your plant in the nursery pot inside it to make it easy to water and transplant.
Looking for more plant goodies? Check out our accessories.
For added humidity, our Lyfe Rose Gold Signature Mister will make a perfect addition to your plant shelf for both function and beauty. We also recommend adding our Plant Shield & Shine to your order for routine maintenance and pest prevention.
Our plants are shipped from our indoor greenhouse in South Florida. Please note all our plants are one of a kind and if you want to message us we can send you a picture of the exact one you will receive. The product image here is intended to be the best representation of what you can expect to receive but yours may have slightly less or more growth depending on the crop we have when your order is placed. Any lifestyle pictures are meant to demonstrate how a fully grown or more mature plant looks for you to get a sense of it in your space.
- Botanical Name
- Rhaphidophora tetrasperma
- Common Names
- Monstera Minima, Mini monstera, mini split-leaf, Ginny philodendron, or RT
- Plant Type
- Aroid - Tropical vining perennial
- Mature Size
- Up to 60 feet with proper support such as moss pole or similar for the arial roots
- Sun Exposure
- Filtered indirect sun or part shade
- Soil Type
- Chunky, well draining with plenty of aeration and stays moist, Peat-based soils for potting
- Soil pH
- Prefers slightly acidic soil(5.5) to neutral (7)
- Bloom Time
- Spring time but mostly in the wild
- Flower Color
- Purple, cream
- Hardiness Zones
- Zone 10-11; grown as a houseplant in all climates with correct humidity
- Native Area
- Southern Thailand and Malaysia
- Toxicity / Pet Friendly
- Not pet friendly - They're part of the Araceae family and as such they do contain calcium oxylate crystals which are toxic to dogs and cats
All our plants ship exclusively with UPS to ensure they arrive timely and in good condition. We ship most of our plants Mondays & Tuesdays to most of the USA to ensure they arrive speedy to your location. If you order on a Tuesday after 12 PM ET it is possible that we would not ship it till the following Monday.
We monitior the weather in each destination location to maximize the shipping time and utilize thermal protection to ensure that the plant is protected. You can add a heatpack or thermal bag to your order if temperatures at night fall below 40 degrees.
You can visit our shipping policy to learn more.